Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday February 15, 2011

Today was a very productive day for me at Exquisite Events. My day started off by stamping all of the save the dates for an upcoming wedding, and taking them to the post office. My next task was to go through the year calendar and add the number of guest and the time of the event to each upcoming event. This is important because it allows Stasia to have an idea of how large the event is going to be, and what the time frame is.

Next I had to go through a list of hotels in and around newport to check for availability and to block hotel rooms for two upcoming events. While calling the hotels I had to make two excell spreadsheets, one with all of the contact information of the hotels that I called and one with the name of the hotel, the contact at the hotel, the number to the hotel, the rates for booking a room, and lastly how many rooms they could possibly block. This process was very informative and frustrating at the same time. It seemed like every hotel that I called didn't answer and I had to constantly leave voicemail's. Through this process it has taught me to be more patient and that when you want to get information from people or have people work on things you have to constantly be extremely persistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment