Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First day

Today was the first day of my internship and I have already learned so much. I worked for 4 hours today but it flew by because of how much I enjoyed what I was working on. I was surprised when Stasia Anthony (the wedding planner and my "boss?") had me working on projects that they were actually going to use for their company and for their clients.
She had me start off by redesigning their promotional card which they would give to prospective clients. This was a little bit of a task for me considering that I do not have any graphic programs on my computer and had to use my 2003 version of Microsoft word to finish the project. In the end it looked great and I was happy I was able to make it work with my limited options. Next they had me redesign their cards that they send to their married clients after their one year anniversary. I thought this was a great because it allows Exquisite Events to reach out to their previous clients and reminds those clients that Exquisite Events would be a great company to refer people they know who are getting married or planning an event. Next I did some organizing; Stasia had me organize binders for their current clients that held all the information about their wedding or event. This allowed me to see how much really goes into planning a wedding or event, in most of the binders there was about 20 different sections that had to be attended to. I also got to work on some actual planning when I had to call few hotels in NYC to check on room situations for an upcoming wedding.
After only four hours of working I had fallen in love with Exquisite Events and Wedding/Event Planning. Through this internship I will become more creative, more organized and I will gain more interpersonal skills. Leaving Exquisite Events today I was excited and filled with creative ideas to share on my next work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment