Monday, February 14, 2011

Thursday February 10, 2011

On Thursday I was very excited to get to work. After my first day there earlier that week I was already obsessed with my internship. Thursday I started off by picking up some save the date cards and stuffing them into envelopes. While I was stuffing the save the dates I had to also check to make sure the addresses on the envelopes were correct. This process is important for two reasons, first the save the date is the couples first impression to the guest and it needs to be perfect. The second reason why this process is important is because if the save the date has the wrong address on it it makes the couple and the wedding planner look bad, while also making the guest feel unimportant. Next I had to take all the events for the year and put it into a big excel spreadsheet to allow the wedding planner to feel more organized. Lastly, I worked on creating names for the various programs and services that Exquisite Events offers. I was able to use my creative side which was fun and I actually came up with a bunch of great titles that would work well for the company.

Leaving work on my second day I felt just as great about this internship as I did on my first day. I am already learning so much from just observing all of the little tasks I am doing and observing what Stasia the actual wedding planner is doing. I am looking forward to my next day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment