Friday, March 4, 2011

Thursday March 3, 2011

Yesterday at my internship I didn't do anything that was too too exciting. The entire time I was there I had to put stuff wedding invitations. I learned two things from this, first I learned that wedding invitations are not just a little card telling you when the wedding is, the wedding invitations I worked on had the actual invitation and an RSVP letter to send back that was already stamped that went into an envelope then that envelope was then put into another envelope. This leads me to the second thing I learned, why there is two envelopes. The reason for two envelopes is because back in the day when mail would be passed around between so many people by the time it actually reached the person getting invited the envelope was dirty, so they would stuff an envelope inside the other envelope so that the guest would have a clean envelope that no one had touched. Even when doing simple tasks like stuffing envelopes I still find away to learn more about the wedding planning business.

No comments:

Post a Comment